Burndy Grounding Products
BURNDY® has developed an irreversible compression ground system which meets the most stringent safety and performance requirements, including those of OSHA and nuclear power plant design. Performance excellence and long life expectancy are the system’s basic design guidelines. It is a complete system which consists of connectors for grid cross connections, taps, splices, cable to ground rod, ground plates and terminations.
Our irreversible compression ground connectors employ well-proven design principles
and technology that have been in existence for over 60 years. Connectors are just one component of our Irreversible Compression Ground System.
Installation tooling is also an integral part of this system. BURNDY® pioneered the com-pression connector principle and continues today to be the leader in compression tech-nology. Our tooling package is the most extensive in the industry and affords the user many options.
Features and Benefits
- All HYGROUND compression connectors conform to all applicable sections of the NEC® as well as UL-467.
- All HYGROUND compression connectors meet IEEE Standard 837 requirements.
- Range-taking tool and die design minimize inventory and provide for multiple connector combinations that are consistent and reliable.
- Precrimp dies for ground rod connectors add mechanical strength to help the connectors withstand power installation and maintain IEEE and UL performance.
- All compression elements made of pure wrought copper — the same material as the conductor.
- Heavy-duty connector design carries the equivalent or greater current-carrying capacity of the conductor.
- All compression elements are strip sealed to keep all contact surfaces clean.
- Most compression elements are prefilled with our exclusive PENETROX™ compound to inhibit moisture and contaminants.
- Requires no special training or complicated tooling for easy installation.
- Each connection can be made in less than three minutes.
- Compression connections can be installed in all kinds of weather for better job scheduling.
- No drilling, tapping, or welding required for connections to most structural steel for safer installation and lower labor costs.
- Each connector is clearly marked for easy and accurate identification.
- Inspection ports are provided in terminal and splice connectors to ensure proper insertion of the conductor for increased quality assurance.
- Crimping embosses the die index number on the connector, confirming consistent connections and providing for easy inspectability.
|A. Hygrid™ Cross Connector (YGL-C)||
|B. Gridlok™ Ground Rodto Grid Connector (YGLR-C)||
|C. Figure “6” Hytap™Connector (YGHP-C)||
|D. Figure “C” Hytap Connector (YGHC-C)||
|E. Hytail™ Ground Rod Tap Connector(YGHR-C)||
|F. Hytap Ground Electrode Tap Connector (YGHP-C)||
|G. Double H-Tap Connector (YSHG)||
|H. Hylug™ Heavy-Duty Terminals (YGHA)||
|I. Hylug™ Terminals (YGA)||
|J. Hylink™ Heavy-Duty Splice (YGHS)||
|K. Hylink® Splice (YGS)||
|L. Grounding Plate (YGF)||
|M. GroundLink™ Connector (YGIB)||
|N. Static Grounding Receptacle (YGT and YTTAG)||
|O. Versitail™ Structural Steel Connector (GSTUD-HY)||